Monday, May 10, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I love the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! I just watched it with Hayley and I cried...again. It is such a sweet tear jerker. Everyone should watch. It also has the cheese that I absolutely love! :) Anyway, May 10, 2010 was a good day for Danielle. I started the day watching videos of my brother, Alex, coming out of his tonsillectomy. I find that the morning is the hardest part of the day for me. I wake up and think why am I here? I want to go home but as soon as I get out and about I'm alright. So the videos were perfect for this morning. I knew I was going to laugh hard but I had to watch the videos as soon as I got them which happened to be when everyone here was still sleeping. You see where this is going. ;) Well I managed to refrain from bursting out but now my blanket is covered in snot. Ha ha I had to stifle myself in the blanket and it was so hard! It is the funniest video I have ever seen!
My relationships with everyone here are growing. It's cool because they are different with all the different types of people. Hayley and I are really comfortable around each other now and we just have a great time. I feel like here fun older sister or I like to think I am. :) I also spent most of the day at work with Tyrone and Kevin who will be Front of House with me and I laughed so much. It's a different kind of relationship with them. More shallow perhaps? They are great though and really nice to me. They like to make fun of my funny American words like candy and cavity. To them it's sweets and fillings. I should have known.
I did my laundry yesterday and I have to tell you, they don't have dryers here! They hang their clothes in the back yard on a clothes line with clips and everything! It's so cute. When it rains though (a.k.a. all the time) we have to just strew our clothes all over the house and the heaters. It's pretty fun. I think that as soon as I start filling my weekends with adventures the time here will fly by. I'm excited for that but I have to keep reminding myself that I only get this chance once. Kind of a self pep talk. I should try it in the mirror. :)
I've been eating pretty crappy due to having to have lunch in the city center. Tomorrow i'm going shopping to get foods to make home lunches. I also need toothpaste and such necessities. Just thought I'd let you know. I'm learning a lot about the restaurant business. Today we had to move around the tables and design the set up to maximize comfort and accessibility. Cool stuff. Tomorrow I am going to learn how to use the tills! Dad, it's like the ultimate touch screen cash register! I'm way excited. I'll let you know how it goes. Love love love you!
"I have a headache... and I have gas."
-wannabe sister of the traveling pants

P.s. I love the movie as well cause it's kind of like my life right now, you know? I can relate. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, then, dearie, we must watch this sappy, chick flick, mustn't we?.... Will do it to be connected with my remote girl. Very funny signoff by the way "I have a headache....". I'm still laughing!!!
    Glad you liked it - it too AGES to upload. I'm uploading another one for you now from Kirin that is half a gig - I had to do it from the office. I think you will like your lil' sister's act of love for you.
    By the way, good to know that when you get up, you need the most motivation. You should read these responses/comments in the morning then - it should help produce a guffaw occasionally and reduce snot-stains on other peoples' blankets.
    As for the relationship with the locals - cherish them! They will be your best mates for life! Make sure that you have photos and videos with Hailey.
    By the way, today, I took "I have gas" boy out to see Ironman 2 since he was so home bound all weekend. He lurched to the car, lurched out to the cinema, and positively enjoyed himself. Great escapism. It was better than I thought. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Also, today, we had almost 30 minutes of hard hail and rain. It's still bloody cold out here too! I'm sorry about the clothing recommendation, though. I thought I had said something else. Again, more reason to shop!

    The little Ky man has mowed the grass twice now in one week (you know how fast the grass grows in spring/summer). He's a little cutie.

    This week, my most excitement will come from watching rugby at Burgess park on Friday night and Saturday. The temperature is supposed to go back up to the 70's....

    As for touch-screen-til-girl, may your childhood fantasy finally come true!!! Woohoo!!!

    Love you girl. Remember... don't sweat the petty stuff. And always..... don't pet the sweaty stuff.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the videos here as well...I'll bet you miss that gassy boy! Funny stuff! I could hear Casie and Didi laughing in the family room...I thought they were watching something inappropriate! When Clay watched it he about peed his pants! Miss You...

    ReplyDelete