Thursday, May 13, 2010

Breakfast and Balloons

I do love balloons! Today was a really good day. Work flew by because we were having so much fun! I shall bullet everything I learned today.
  • How to clean a coffee machine- I'm the only one that learned, ironic since I'm the only one that doesn't drink it. It's massive and does everything for you! I love technology.
  • How to greet the guests for breakfast. Did some role play and was apparently so good that they asked me to join the breakfast team! Yes, this does mean early mornings but it is quite fun! I start tomorrow at six.
  • How to carry trays. You all know the big ones that waitresses carry in America all the time with multiple plates on them and then they put it down on the stand thing. Those ones. I walked around with three plates on one tray. Ya! Not only did we learn this but we played a game to test our abilities. It's called relay race with water balloons on the trays that result in being pelted with water balloons by the chefs if you drop any. Naturally, all of mine fell off. I got nailed right in the face with a balloon right in the streets of Birmingham with spectators watching from the sidelines. It was actually really fun and everyone was really happy after.
I also got my hair cut today after work because apparently all the shops are open later on Thursdays. Ha ha why? I don't know. They just do. :) It looks pretty boyish, as usual, but I'll make it work. :)
Well i must go, so much to do. I'm going to London tomorrow and have to pack and get up at five! Yahoo! I'll keep you updated!
Breakfast Buccaneer

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant talking to you today - even noticed your hair was different but didn't know if that was because you were styling it different ;)

    Have a great time in London - email or something if you can, and explain to the Lamas that you are required to blog delay.

    In London, have lots of pics so we can tell it really is you! Do the big ones like Buckingham Palace and Big Ben. If you have time, Parliament and the Tower where the royal crown jewels are on display (used to be any way). Next time, you can do Trafalga Square, Westminister Abbey, Notting Hill, and go the the famous Harrods store (VERY expensive). Check out the people - the girls are wearing very short skirts in the evening - they think they are trendy, but the breeze in their privates is making them have goose bumps - I checked.

    Ouch! Gross!

    Good night - have a fun train ride - ask for directions from old people or women.

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have seen your relay races...sounds very funny...kind of like a goofy game show!
    Send pics of your hair! (and London of course!)
    London...how exciting! Are you going with the family you are staying with? How long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete