Saturday, November 5, 2011

Week 2

Hiya pamilya ako!!!!!
Kamusta po tayo? How is everybody?
Sister Tamang is doing quite well. Magandang actually! This week we have started using sentencesssssss!!!!!! We do so in hopes that we will be able to somewhat communicate with our investigators instead of ridiculously acting out our lessons!! ha ha it's great but super frustrating. Because as soon as you get what you want out and it actually makes sense, they respond!! In tagalog. At a rapid rate. Thus, we have no idea what they are saying. But I'm not going to lie, I don't think we are doing too shabby. With a buttload more patience and work we could totally do this. :) That's the language update.
For the people update I have some sad news. One of my beloved district leaders, Elder Wells, went home on Saturday. :( We had no idea until he just left in the middle of class and never came back. Our poor district leader had tears in his eyes when he told us and oh, it broke my heart. It still brings tears to my eyes but we love him and are hopeful that he will come back as soon as he has taken care of whatever it is he needs to. So our bitty district now consists of only five missionaries. Every other district in our zone has ten missionaries! it think, ha ha it's the greatest, 2 sisters, 3 elders. Woo woo!!! We're gonna be close. We had a bonding moment last night when we all, for some reason, had the giggles during our closing hymn and we were half singing- half crying to the tune of there is sunshine in my soul today! ha ha it was SO great! I don't laugh near as much here so I find as soon as I even giggle, it opens a damn of all the laughter being held back and I'm just a gonner. I've done it twice in class now and it's hilarious because my teacher, Bro. Mauzy- who is adorable, doesn't quite know what to do with me. :) So great! And there is always at least 2 echos of my laugh each time because everyone in the hall can here me and they looove to immitate me. :) The cuties.
As for the work- it is hard and frustrating and repetitive but it really is all worth it when we understand a sentence or are able to understand something our investigator says or needs. I feel like the good outways the bad like the laughs outways the screams in Monsters Inc. The laughs and the good are so much more powerful than the screams/bad that no matter how much "badness" or how much you scream, one laugh or one good moment blows it out of the water and you forget you even felt that way. :) I LOVE IT!!!!
I know that I am where I am meant to be and I have the capability to be an awesome instrument in the Lord's hand if I am but a humble servant. It's an interesting equation: humility+love+patience-pride-knowledge-strength= BEST TOOL EVER I love you all so much and so does the Lord!!!!! MWAH!
Love, Sister Tamang

No comments:

Post a Comment