Friday, October 28, 2011

One Full Week!

Pamilya po ako!!!!!
Oh! Life is still fantastic! I'm sorry if I don't answer any of your questions from your emails yet because I only have 30 mins. So I have to cruise. So I printed off all your emails and will read them later and perhaps hand reply. :)
So! I am having a grand time. I have officially been in here for 1 week and I already feel like an oldie. We taught our investigator, Aiza, five times and then SURPRISE she became our other teacher. She is really great! In the fourth lesson she felt the Spirit and started tearing up!!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHH! It is the teensiest taste of what the Spirit can do to change lives and I can't get enough of it. It's just a confirmation that we are doing something right, enough to get the Spirit there and teaching. If I have learned one thing this week, it is how humongously important the Spirit is in conversion. We, as missionaries, do probably 2% of the work and then we let the Holy Ghost do the remaining 98%. (I know you like percentages dadda:) It's seriously crazy how I can learn these things all my life but not even really know til I experience it. Now we can understand why we're here on Earth. We's gots to experience it if we're going to learn it right!
Tagalog is going well. At least as well as it can for being here a week. I just made a language study plan with a long term goal to learn lesson one, fully in Tagalog by the time I leave. WOOO! I can do it! I love the language though and can't wait to be able to say what I know. In our lessons with Aiza we learned just how frustrating it is to know how to answer her questions but no clue how to say it in her language. Man! I was close to tears so many times. But in our last lesson with her we asked her to be baptized and she said no. Surprise surprise. But I bore my testimony with tears and she said she would pray to know if it was true and if she should do it! Dad, mission prep has really helped me know how to not take no for an answer (as sis. Blake has learned, I'm very persistent) and how to let silences just be. ha ha I love it! Silence is my new best friend. Especially, akward silence. :) Well that's enough about me. How's everyone doing?!
How is my loovely family? How are the Wistisens? How is Kirin? Hey! Kirin! I saw Elder Tyler Bentely. Ha ha he called me Kirin (at the MTC, didn't think that one through ha) and I thus corrected him but it was fun. :)
AAAH! Well I got to go, but I love you all so much and can't wait to read the letters!
Thank you wistisens for the gorgeous package!
Tell Clay I love him muchos muchos and I loved seeing his face! So fun that we're doing this at the same time!
MWAH MWAH! Mahal Kita!
Love, Sister Tamang

No comments:

Post a Comment